Wednesday 31 July 2013

Solera, Minneapolis, Minnesota

I’ll admit my expectations were low. I’m in the dead downtown area at night. I went to the front desk of my hotel and told them I was hungry. The lady asked me what I wanted to eat. I told her, “something not depressing.” She asked me if I wanted to stay in the hotel to eat, while she pointed at the ultra-depressing sports bar behind me. I looked at it and them turned back to her with a look on my face that said “you’re joking of course as we can both see that the place is sad with a capital K for Kevorkian.” She looked back at me as if I was insane. I promptly ignored her advice on the nearby places with good atmosphere and cabbed over to Solera.

I was worried as it looked a little overly concerned with decor and was situated across from the aptly named Rock Bottom Brewery chainbaremporium. But shockingly, the food is stand out delicious. Solid, creative, restrained. Scallops seared to perfection and the lentils with soft boiled egg are standouts. The Brussels sprouts were great too.

900 Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55403, (612) 338-0062, website

Tags: Minneapolis, photos, restaurants

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 27th, 2011 at 6:35 pm and is filed under Minneapolis, Photos, Restaurants. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment